Jet Ski News
Stand-up model provides a unique and exhilarating experience
The Kawasaki JET SKI® 800 SX-R stand-up model personal watercraft provides a
unique and thrilling experience for the water sports enthusiast. The exhilaration of banking into a turn, leaning the body into a cool breeze and gently pulling the trigger-type throttle to accelerate over the open water is a special experience that only comes when riding a Kawasaki
The high-performance JET SKI 800 SX-R is powered by a twin-cylinder, 782cc two stroke engine and produces the most horsepower available in a production stand-up JET SKI watercraft. It is fed by a pair of 40mm Mikuni carburetors and features a waterproof and maintenance-free Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI) system with digital advance. Aggressive exhaust port timing and a large-diameter exhaust pipe help provide superior top-end power while a water-jacket surrounding the exhaust pipe helps to reduce underhood temperatures and suppress noise.
Rather than add the additional weight of an oil injection system, the 800 SX-R engine runs on a pre-mixed fuel/oil mixture. This allows serious enthusiasts the ability to fine-tune their mixtures for various conditions.
The 800 SX-R also comes equipped with a fresh water flush fitting that is adaptable to a standard garden hose and helps operators rinse out the motor’s cooling lines. Plus, it allows the hood to remain on the craft for less noise while flushing.
The hull of the 800 SX-R is designed for exceptional stability yet does not sacrifice
turning prowess. This increased stability not only enhances rough-water handling for racers, it also makes it easier for beginners to master stand-up riding more quickly. The hull design also provides more footwell area to give the rider more room to maneuver, vary foot placement and shift body weight. The handlepole placement provides optimum control and comfort. Soft padding covers the tray area for improved rider comfort as well. The hull of the 800 SX-R is made out of fiberglass reinforced plastic. This helps to make the hull as light as possible while retaining maximum strength. Extra fiberglass has also been placed in key areas to further improve hull durability and sponsons are placed just under the hull/top deck bond line to enhance turning.
The hull's compact size also simplifies transport and storage.
The top deck of the 800 SX-R is also made of fiberglass reinforced plastic so that it is tough and damage-resistant. Other features include integrated foam flotation that is built into the deck and handlepole to make the 800 SX-R virtually unsinkable.
Authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers or they can be purchased on the Internet at www.buykawasaki.com.
2005 KAWASAKI JET SKI® 800 SX-R
Features and Benefits
• High-performance twin-cylinder, two-stroke engine delivers excellent horsepower
• Large displacement provides great power and high top speed
• Twin carburetors deliver excellent throttle response and optimum power at all rpm levels
• Fresh water flush fitting is adaptable to a garden hose and helps operator easily rinse out the motor’s
• Advanced hull designed for exceptional stability
• Fiberglass reinforced plastic makes the hull as light as possible while retaining maximum strength
• Wide footwell area gives riders more room to maneuver, vary foot placement and shift body weight
• Kawasaki "lean-in" turning makes the 800 SX-R watercraft easier and less fatiguing to ride while providing
superb handling in rough water
• Integral sponsons provide excellent hard cornering and straight-away stability
• Waterproof, maintenance-free Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI) system with digital advance provides
reliability and durability, and digital microcomputer precisely controls ignition timing
• Water-jacketed exhaust pipe helps reduce underhood temperatures and large aluminum muffler suppresses
• Rubber engine mounts provide superior vibration isolation for reduced noise and maximum comfort
• Integrated flotation makes the craft virtually unsinkable
• Fully cushioned rider area features thick material to provide maximum protection and comfort
• Pads cover surfaces close to the rider
• Automatic bilge pumping system empties water from the bilge whenever the craft is being ridden
• Sealed battery never needs water
• Shielded jet propulsion system gives greater protection from damage
• Finger-type throttle reduces hand fatigue and increases comfort
• Modern styling features Kawasaki factory racing-inspired graphics
• Lightweight, easy to store and transport, and fits in a pick-up bed
2005 KAWASAKI JET SKI® 800 SX-R SPECIFICATIONS*
Engine Two-stroke, two-cylinder with crankcase reed valve
Broke x stroke 82.0 x 74.0mm
Compression ratio 7.2:1
Cooling system Inducted water
Carburetion Twin BN40 Mikuni
Ignition Digital DC-CDI
Propulsion system Jet pump, axial-flow, single stage
Thrust 699 lbs.
Fuel tank capacity 5.0 gal.
Overall length 90.6 in.
Overall width 28.7 in.
Overall height 28.9 in.
Dry weight 351 lbs.
Color Kawasaki Lime Green
Magazine For Jet Ski & PWC News
Contact us for submitting Jet Ski news, Jetski club, manufacture, parts, vintage jet ski or event info.
All Accessories A Submit News Bikini Shot Contest Forums Honda Jet Ski Jet Ski Club Jet Ski Racing Jet Ski Ride Area International Jet Ski Ride Areas East Of Mississippi Jet Ski Ride Areas West Of Mississippi Jet Ski Video Mechanic Tips Parts Diagram Polaris School Sea Doo Yamaha Parts Yamaha Waverunners